ABOUT ARTS & RESEARCH
For more arts-related information
ARTS CAREER: SELECTED VISUAL ARTS PROJECTS * AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE ^
Facilitates free public arts/ crafts sessions at St. George's Market in Belfast most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. 2018 is Dry felting
Elected Secretary of St. George's Market NMTF Committee. Original research on creative partnerships within the market retail model.
Owner of Strangford Lough Gallery, Belfast. Creates unique and ltd prints, paintings, sculpture, mixed media, dry needle felt textiles.
PAST WORK RELATED EXPERIENCES:
* Invited artist/ demonstrator at Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts, Green Crafts Village, dry felting crafts.
*National Trust/ Castle Ward Arts & Crafts. Did weekly painting/ sculpture demonstrations, near Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.
*^Ards Arts Collective, Arts Demonstrations (pastels and painting), Ards Arts Centre, Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland.
* NI/USA Community Arts Sector Exchange Research Project: 21 groups/ or artists in six USA states of NJ, MD, PA, NM, CA and WA.
^*Healing Through Remembering (HTR) and Queen’s University Belfast (QUB), Belfast, N. Ireland. Series of workshops/ arts praxis.
^Mount Vernon Archive, Loughview Community Action Partnership, Shore Road, N.Belfast. 6 classes of archive theory and practice.
* Gandhi-King-Ikeda:Peace-Builder's Exhibition, QUB/ SGI, S. Belfast. Travelling International multi-cultural peace award exhibition
^*Cinderella does Strategy; Mount Vernon Pantomime for M.V.C.D.F: Costume making classes/ demonstrations, N. Belfast Group.
^* Friends Forever, Rotary Club/ Carrickfergus Council, Co. Antrim, N.Ireland. Series of workshops for cross-community teenagers.
^*P.A.C.T.2: Cultural Tolerance/ Integrated Ed. Grant/ PeaceII, Irish Arts & Culture Project, Ballyearl Centre/ St. Malachy’s P. Sch.
^*Star Neighbourhood Mural Project, New Lodge, North Belfast, N. Ireland.Workshops with teengage girls who created two murals.
^*ACNI/ Year of the Artist. 5,000 piece concrete mural, Carrickfergus, N.Ireland. Mon-Fri. Workshops for 2 months with 83 youths.
^ Ards Sculpture Symposium,Carradore Castle, ACNI/AAC, N.Ireland.BallyWalter Gazebo/Mixed media installation;20ft x 20ft x 20ft
* Schuler’s School of Fine Arts, Independent Arts School, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Visual arts projects and exhibitions for 4 years.
*^School 33 Art Center, Baltimore City Dept of Arts and Culture, MD, USA. Arts residency, two years. Sculpture and collage murals.
* Walter's Arts Museum and Baltimore Museum of Industry: Sub-contracted designer and maker of unique props and sets,MD,USA
^ Towson State University. Undergrads. Sculpture, Towson, Maryland, USA. Ceramic Sculpture and mold making workshops/demos.
^ Goucher College, Maryland State Arts Camp (2 Summers), Maryland,USA. Clay and plaster sculpture and mold making techniques
^*‘Rec. Pier.,’ Sculpture workshops, Baltimore City Dept. of Recreation+/NEA. Clay sculpture workshops to 'Fells Point' communities
* The Becker Group and Feats Inc.:Sub-contracted for event design and installation of seasonal/ bespoke props/sets,Baltimore,USA
*^Artists in Education, MD State teacher/ Roland Park Jnr. High Sch, MD, USA. Clay mold making/ high relief clay mural for school.
^ The Maryland Institute:Teaching assistant,Years 3-4,Baltimore, Maryland,USA. Sculpture, ceramics and history of art/ arts theory.